Thursday, December 1, 2011

What Inspires Me

I am inspired by the ignored. I try to look for things that I naturally shun. This includes the ugly, stark and naked artifacts that surround us. Too much attention is paid to the beautiful, the aesthetically pleasing. There cannot be light without dark. Without the hideous, there cannot be the appealing. It wouldn’t exist. I wish to honor the repugnant, repelling, and reptilian. I want to set them on a pedestal and glorify them, photograph them, create rhyming words for them. In the past, the world looked these gross entities in the eye, now they only to look to the light. The only problem with this is that the appreciation for the radiance of the lovely goes down. When all you see is charming, it looses its charm. No more. For me I’ve raked my eyes over these superficial and gaudy bags that people wear like rare commodities. What is rare today is seen as poor or inferior. I hunger for the real and unsightly. That is what inspires me.

2 comments:

  1. You go glen coco. Shannen getting deep up in HUR!
    But seriously interesting. Way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a crush on you and your thoughts. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete